Joblogues is looking for a dynamic and energetic part-time social media manager to join our rapidly growing team! Are you passionate about the internet, new apps, tools and ways of connecting with audiences online? If so, let’s chat!
As a social media manager, you’ll partner with the founder and co-hosts of Joblogues to come up with creative ways to bring our content to life and extend conversations beyond our podcast and into our social media channels. We’re looking for someone who has a great eye for design, a creative mind (perhaps you have your own blog or podcast), keeps up with pop culture, memes and current events and knows how to translate boring copy into lively, relatable and engaging digital content.
This is a part-time paid position starting immediately.
- Work with Joblogues co-hosts to develop editorial themes and daily social content for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook primarily (@joblogues)
- Manage branded and sponsored content campaigns highlighting Joblogues partnerships
- Consume existing Joblogues podcast, website and newsletter content to find creative ways to adapt stories for social platforms
- Monitor discussions, posts, comments and audience engagement activity and help to facilitate dialogue across social media channels
- Develop and manage social editorial calendar and report on upcoming themes
- Identify and test into innovative new ways of distributing content and engaging audiences including Instagram Stories, Facebook Live and more
- A minimum of 2 years of prior brand experience developing and managing social campaigns for clients
- Great written and oral communication skills (be responsive to email, proactive about checking in, and a stickler for detail when writing copy for social posts)
- Avid user of social media plugged into relevant discussions, spaces, industry trends, brands and insights impacting our demographic (multicultural women)
- Ability to analyze performance/engagement data and pull key insights to let us know what’s working and what’s not so we can pivot as needed
- Extremely organized with great project management skills (share agendas in advance of our meetings, manage editorial calendar, keep social media visuals and assets organized)
- Great eye for design (ability to mock up graphics for Instagram, IG stories etc in Illustrator, Photoshop or application of choice and basic cropping/editing skills etc)
- Comfortable working with multiple formats including audio and video
Ready to Apply?
- Send us your resume, public social media handles and a paragraph on who you are and why you’re interested in working with us.
- Submit your application to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Joblogues is a podcast and online platform highlighting candid, career conversations with young professionals. We’ve been featured by iTunes, Refinery29, Black Enterprise and more and have a highly engaged audience of multicultural professionals who connect with us for career advice, inspiration and lots of laughs.