“I am a strong black woman and I cannot be intimidated.” – Maxine Waters
Doesn’t that statement just ooze self-empowerment?
Congresswoman Maxine Waters’ clap back to Bill O’Reilly’s crude criticism of her hair earlier this year reminded all too many of us of times when we’ve similarly been tried at work (see #blackwomenatwork). The unfortunate reality is that there will always be people that get under our skin, jobs we don’t particularly want to be in and situations that scream for not-so-positive reactions.
What’s the key to pushing through? You have to stay mentally and emotionally ready. One way to do this is to internalize and truly live by reinforcing statements that uplift your spirit on a daily basis. Here are 85 powerful affirmations to remind you that you’re amazing, inspire self-love and bring you back to a place of positivity when you’ve had enough.
We’re our own toughest critics. These self-lovin’ statements can help you check yourself the next time you’re not feeling confident:
- I have everything I need to create my own opportunities.
- I am comfortable allowing my light to shine in all situations.
- I trust my intuition and listen to my inner voice.
- My self-talk is loving and supportive.
- I am happy with my growth in this moment.
- I embrace the greatness within me.
- I am deserving of respect.
- I allow my faith to steer me in the right direction.
- I accept responsibility for my own happiness and development.
- I won’t compare my behind-the-scenes to someone else’s highlight reel.
- I accept all that I am with love.
- I love me unconditionally.
- I accept me as I am, and release the need for approval.
- I am free to evolve and release anything that takes away from my growth.
- I’m proud of my culture, upbringing and experiences; they made me who I am.
- I bring something unique to the table by simply being me.
- I look good and I feel great!
- I don’t need to be the loudest voice in the room to have an impact.
- I’m building a supportive network that encourages and motivates me.
- My mistakes do not define me or dictate my future success.
Our thoughts first thing in the morning guide our vibes for the day. Motivation is a mindset, and these statements can help with your momentum:
- I am energized and ready to slay the day.
- I welcome positive vibes into my life.
- I have more than enough value to offer the world.
- Everything I need I already have.
- I am where I am supposed to be in this moment.
- Each day I am learning to become a better me.
- I strive to give my best in all that I do.
- I respect myself and am deserving of respect from others.
- I am focused and able to accomplish my goals.
- I believe that I have everything I need to be successful.
- I am attracting financial abundance and have peace of mind.
- I am entering a season of fulfilled goals, prosperity and abundance.
- I trust myself and my talents.
- My goals are worth accomplishing.
- Success is coming to me through the right opportunities.
- I trust that my journey is leading me to success.
- My career goals are manifesting each day.
- I’m going to make this day count.
- I’m blessed and highly favored.
Sometimes we overwork ourselves, so much to the point that we don’t have the energy for self-care. We all need TLC; a huge part of that is rest and balance. Let these statements act as reminders:
- I protect my energy by making positivity a priority.
- I am a positive influence and surround myself with like people.
- I am free to let go of anything that no longer serves me.
- I surround myself with loving, positive energy.
- I am free to say no when I need me time.
- My time is valuable and I use it wisely.
- I am happy with my progress and will keep moving forward.
- I am attracted to good energy and it attracts me.
- I make self-care a priority because it’s essential for self-love.
- I can give my best when I take care of me.
- I listen to my body when it needs rest.
- I am free to have regular TLC and moments to relax.
- I welcome the balance of work and self-care.
- I value balance in every area of my life.
- I find ways to work smarter, not harder.
Tried, but True
Maintaining a sense of cool in and outside of the workplace not only avoids unnecessary stress, it feels good. The next time someone tries you, remember these statements before reacting:
- Today and everyday I choose to radiate light.
- I keep calm and maintain my peace of mind in challenging situations.
- I take the time to breathe before I react.
- I stay true to my core values and authentic self.
- My voice matters, I am confident to speak up in the right moments.
- I allow myself to say no when my intuition says so.
- I am open to constructive criticism and welcome improvement.
- When I keep my peace, I protect my energy.
- I am prepared to handle all tasks that come to me.
- I remember to empathize with others.
- I release the need to prove my worth.
- I am content with letting go of control.
- I am a good listener.
- I am patient with myself and those around me.
- I am more than capable of leading projects.
- I clear my mind and release the energy of today.
Supporting each other makes a world of a difference. Rooting for your fellow sister queen is also rooting for yourself because we’re all in this work-world together. The next time an envy bug tries to slip in your ear, keep these in mind:
- I am happy for other people’s success.
- I encourage others to grow.
- Someone else’s success empowers me to keep growing.
- I embrace other women of color with open arms.
- I spread light to those around me.
- I choose to respond with love in moments of stress.
- I allow others to grow at their own pace.
- I release the need for judgment and to be judged.
- I accept my imperfections with love.
- I improve myself for me.
- I embrace myself exactly as I am.
- I let go of the need to compare my life to others.
- My life is beautiful.
- I am empowered to grow every day.
- I seek to understand the thoughts of others without judgement.
Like Kendrick said, they won’t take me out my element, never let them take you out of yours. Remember, the more you nourish your inner self, the more confidence you build and the more motivation you’ll have to slay your days ahead.
Tell us your favorite power statement by tweeting us @joblogues.